FTM-400 Mic Wiring

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the mic cord?

Having a lot of reluctance to part with $ 43 dollars for a simple mic extension for the 400, and looking at the RJ connector with a magnifier, it seems they are using a 4 wire (I could be wrong) system.  If I was sure, I could make my own since I already own the tools to do it.

I went through this with another brand radio and ended up using standard off the shelf pass through RF extension cables with the same number of pins.  You don’t need to know pinouts because you are passing everything straight through. 

You can make your own mic extension using a 6P6C flat phone cable extension and a double female coupler.  Usually less than $10 on-line and works FB.    (Use a flat cable to minimize any crosstalk.) 

As long as you wire the two jacks the same why would you need the diagram.
Aren't  you just passing pin 1 to pin 1 etc??


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/20/2016

    I wired my own using the pattern of the mic connector as a guide. For the coupler, I used an RJ45 straight thru. Worked great!

    Having previously been burned by ticking noises being induced into the audio lines of the previous Kenwood radio using my first home-made extension. I made my Yaesu extension using shielded mic cable, and was careful to make sure the shield was connected on both ends exactly as the microphone itself was. Made sure I had zero ohms all the way through from the internal connector of the mic to the extended RJ12, and it's been wonderful so far. Getting unsolicited good audio reports that I NEVER received with the KW, so obviously none of that annoying ticking.

    ReplyDelete


Comments may take a day to show up

Digital Ham Radio / Amateur Radio
DigitalHamRADIO@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/DigitalHamRADIO

Yaesu FT-991(A) Users Group (groups.io)
https://groups.io/g/Yaesu-FT-991

www.FT991a.com
www.FTDX10.com
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.